Thursday, September 10, 2009

3 Years in a Blur

It’s crazy to me that three years ago I was getting back from Chicago with a crush on a cute boy that I had met out there. Here’s a walk down memory lane, or more like a list of the important things that have happened since, that made it go by so fast.

Matt started school at UVU 3 Augusts ago. He moved into Gomer’s house - my favorite house I’ve ever seen- with Mike. We did the commute thing where he lived in Provo and I lived with my parents in Murray. I transferred my credits to SLCC and graduated with my Associates.

That coming January I took off to Hawaii with JoNeale. I had no idea how hard THAT long distance relationship would be. Loved Hawaii and Laie and the PCC.

I got back on April 26th, I’m horrible with dates, but I remember that because if was Matt’s birthday. I was nervous to see how things would work out. We went to a Bee’s Game with the Barnes family and it felt like I hadn’t even left.

That summer Matt, my brother Daniel, my sister JoNeale and I took a river trip down the Green River. So much fun!!! I loved that! We met Al, a topic of some other blog. Such good memories from that.

That fall I started the Aesthetics program as Matt started his second year at UVU. I was once again in Murray and he in Provo.

In January I moved to Provo to check it out. I rode the bus everyday for over an hour to get back to Salt Lake for school. What was I thinking?

That summer Matt started working for Magleby. There was a summer company party that foretold the outcome of our relationship. I was given a name badge that said, “Kaycie Barnes, wife of Matt Barnes.”

That August I finished school as Matt started his third year at UVU.

In February, as our siblings left, weeks apart, on Missions for our Church-JoNa: Philippines, Daniel: Mexico, Eric: Mexico- I was getting ready to take off to the East coast.

In April I was living in a cute little apartment right off of Broadway in Manhattan. Living my dream. Cute Matt came out for my birthday and we left that second week in May. It was my shortest move, so we’ll see if I can get Matt back out there someday.

That summer we planned our wedding, and in August Matt started his fourth, and hopefully last, year at UVU.

Those three years were fast, but they were my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment