Friday, January 29, 2010

Falling

I don’t know if it is a coincidence or the newly huge belly with a little guy inside, but I have taken two tumbles in the last week. The first, I was coming up the stairs from our front door and tripped on the second to top one. I landed on my knee and my shin hit the corner of the concrete offender. I rolled over, onto my shoulder holding my knee in one hand and the shin in the other. Matt turned around to find me laughing as hard as I ever have. I couldn’t stop laughing-probably so I didn’t start crying. I lie there laughing for a good 2 or 3 minutes before I can take a breath and get up.
The second wasn’t as funny. It was dark and slick and I headed out to my car from my parent’s house with a warm bowl of soup in one hand and fresh bread in the other. I must have hit a patch of ice because I fell hard, right on my left side. It didn’t hurt until I stood up. The rest of the night my back, butt and leg hurt.

1 comment:

  1. That's the worst! When I was "due any minute" with Emma, I fell hard, on ice 3 times in a week., the week before she was born. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete