Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ghost House

Okay, so I’m pretty sure our apartment is haunted. Here is my reasoning.

When we first moved in I would hear the bathroom drawers open and shut when we were falling asleep. Sometimes I would hear the bathroom cupboards shutting too. I would make Matt go check to see what it was. There was never any sign of anything.

Last Tuesday I was taking a bath and I heard a kitchen cupboard close. I clean our house on Tuesdays, and I had just cleaned the kitchen. I have a small amount of OCD and I can’t leave a cupboard door open. Of course the cat on my shoulder was telling me that it was someone in my house. I called Matt to tell him I was scared. He said it was the people who live above us.

Sunday morning, while deciding if I should get out of bed or not, I heard something hit the floor in the kitchen. I told myself it was probably a rat. Rats are less scary than someone being in your house. When I got up, I did some investigating. Our mop was on the ground.

Yesterday while in the bathroom I heard dishes clinking around. I was determined to find out what it was. The rock on my shoulder convinced me that there were too many dishes in the sink and they fell. I jumped out of the bath and ran to the kitchen. There were two dishes in the sink. A bowl and a spoon.

You’re probably thinking It’s just the people above them. Well, I soon realized that we cannot hear ANYTHING that goes on except for walking. We never hear dishes or cupboards or babies crying or a television on. We only hear footsteps. It is very sound proof, with the exception of the feet hitting the floor.

Well, then It’s probably a rat. I have looked and looked for signs of a rat. There are no droppings, there aren’t any holes chewed through any bags, and how would a rat open a cupboard anyway?

Here’s the rest of the story. It turns out that the family above us used to have 5 children. They had a very adventurous daughter that would come into the basement and explore the catacombs. One day she got lost and she couldn’t find her way out. It was dark, but she could see a sliver of light shining down a hole. She tried climbing through it to get out and got stuck. Her spirit kept going and as she reached the light she noticed her body still stuck. She tried to get help, but it was no use. As the family searched the catacombs for her they never looked in that hole. The spirit never gave up trying to communicate with those around her. As the years passed the family eventually finished the basement. While excavating they found her body. They had a memorial service and went on with their lives. The spirit went back to its body one day to find a basement, and her body gone. Tormented by the separation of body and spirit, she continues to try and communicate with those around her, so that one day she can reunite with her body, and rest in peace.

That’s the best I got. If anyone else has a better theory, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great story! Run with it! Speaking of stories...do you have anything you would like to email to me?!?

    ReplyDelete