Monday, November 16, 2009

Do I ever blog about anything other than spiders?

Yesterday we spent the day at my parents’ house. My parents, very recently, got rid of a few of their children. One to marriage, two to missions, and one to college. With all the extra rooms, everyone moved out of the basement and upstairs. My mom made the basement into a guest’s quarters. Two bedrooms, a bath and a mini kitchen. The only problem is that they don’t have guests very often. Matt turned on the shower to get his hair wet so he could get it to work. Out of the faucet fell a huge spider. He tried to drown it, but it wasn’t working, it was too strong. The drain didn’t have a hole large enough for it to fit down anyway. I took matters into my own hands.

First I grabbed a bottle of Windex® and sprayed the sucker. It was still crawling around and that made me nervous so I grabbed the can of Clorox® and dumped it on it as it crawled around the drain. This guy was not giving up. With my last attempt I grabbed a bottle of hairspray. The spider was already slowing down with all the chemicals I had doused him with, but I sprayed the hairspray anyway. He stopped and just sat there.

You never know if a spider is really dead or not. They like to pretend and then they wait until you think they are dead to crawl away. Then they come back with a vengeance to get you. We were late for church, so I hoped it was dead. When we came back it was still in the same spot. It had all that time to get away. It was definitely dead. Then I remembered the way it started to slow in step as it was taking its last breaths which were probably filled with poisonous dust. I felt a tinge of guilt knowing that I had killed this poor little spider.

Then I remembered it was a big spider and I was glad it was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment