Friday, October 23, 2009

Mind Voyage

Don’t you love it when you have time to just think and your mind goes on a trail and you say to yourself, How did I get here? I love it. This morning when I woke up (for the final time, not the first time when Matt went to work.) I was still in bed and my mind went on a journey, one I will share.
I woke up and thought:
-I hate feeling sick. I wonder if I’ll feel like this the whole 9 months.
-Started thinking about my little raspberry growing and remembered my appointment on Tuesday.
-I don’t want to go to the Gynecologist(confession). Before I go I need to call Jefrilyn(my sister).
-I miss my sister and her cute family. I hate that they moved to Georgia.
-When Matt and I have enough money we’ll go to Georgia to visit, and for him to show me Mission stuff.
-Plane tickets are expensive.
-I heard Planes contribute to Free Radical Damage. We’ll take lots of Antioxidants before we go. People will probably think I’m crazy if I tell them that, but I learned about it at school.
-O2 is oxygen(we breath CO2), when it is just O it is a free radical and wreaks havoc in our body(CO is poisonous). Antioxidants link to these spare O molecules to keep them bound.
-I got the highest score in high school on the Chemistry final. Not a big deal you say, well there were a lot of smarty pants in that class. Made me feel smart.
-I love being told that I’m smart. My dad used to call me his smart cookie.
-I remember the first time I thought, I think I’m smarter than those other kids. I was in Kindergarten at Jim Bridger Elementary. A Room Helper(I think that’s the technical term) took me into a special room to read words on flash cards. I didn’t realize that at that age not all the kids could read. She started out with easy words like Cat and Log. I felt like a cheater because I didn’t sound out the words. I had memorized them. She got to harder words like That, and I felt like a bigger cheater because I memorized the TH and SH and didn’t sound those out either. I passed. We moved like a month later and I started school in Murray(I was in the highest reading group in first grade and got a hard back book, everyone else had soft).
-I only have three memories of Jim Bridger. The one I just told about reading, the halls, and my mean teacher. I’m not sure if she was mean all the time, but I only have one memory of her and she was mean. My desk was closest to the door and my back was to it. Ms. Taylor left the room and told us to be quiet. I was, but there were a lot of other kids talking. She came back in and was angry. She said, Everyone that was talking put your heads on your desk. EVERYONE put their heads down except me. I hadn’t been talking. She walked over and, from behind, shoved my head down. I don’t remember if I cried or not, but I remember wanting to.
My vague memory of the halls is that there were ramps. I hope someone can confirm that. I remember them slanting down then back up again. I was running to find David(my brother) and maybe that was a dream because it isn’t a real stable memory.
-How did I get here? Why am I thinking about this?
-Maybe I should get out of bed.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the halls having ramps as well. Call me anytime and we can talk. We miss you too and can't wait for you to come visit. I also can't wait to hear updates on your raspberry!

    ReplyDelete