Monday, October 26, 2009

My First Heart Attack

So this morning I was getting ready to take a bath (my new favorite hobby) and I had a very normal interaction.
Cat: Make sure the front door is locked so no one comes in.
I locked all the doors and started the bath water.
Cat: Go turn on the lights. Scary things always happen in the dark.
Rock just rolled his eyes.
Rock: Keep the bathroom door open because there’s no fan.
Cat: Bad idea. Shut the door and lock it so no one can get in.
Rock: I thought that was why we locked the other doors.
I agree with Rock because I hate all the fog on the mirror and he’s right. There is no fan.
I open my book as I immerse in the warm water.
Rock: The air is cold, shut the curtain.
Cat: No! Then you won’t see them coming. You’ll scream too late.
Rock: Who is coming?
I shut the curtain to keep my arms warm.
When I’m finished I start to drain the water. This is the loudest noise in our whole house. I’m thinking about breakfast when the lights turn off in the bathroom.
Cat: I told you so.
Rock: says nothing but if he had a jaw, it would be hanging open.
They continue to bicker and I rip open the shower curtain, not sure what I’ll defend myself with.
Cat: No!
Too scared to think rationally I jump out of the shower. Matt is the only one with a key and he’s at work, in Midway. “Hello?” no one answers and Cat says: Why would they answer and give away their hiding spot. Rock then points out that my electrical toothbrush that usually has a little green light indicating that it’s charging, has no light.
I finally breathe out as I realize the power is out in the bathroom. I flash the lights to double check.
Phew.
Rock: You’re never right and never will be you stupid cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment