Monday, December 7, 2009

I hate Junior High

I usually substitute for Elementary kids because most of them are shorter than me. In this poor economy I excepted a job at the Junior High. Big Mistake. I was the sub for Girls Gym. It might sound fun, but I was so nauseous that I couldn’t even play the games with them. They were all taller than me, and they were all snots. I hate Junior High, and even more than that I hate Junior High girls.
To get to the point, I had a little office in the locker room where I kept my purse and coat. I kept this room locked because students aren’t allowed in there. There was one class period where I had two student aids. One was a Polynesian girl and she just sat in the office. When I went to lock it she told me she usually just sits in there. I figured whatever, I’ll be the cool sub.
At the end of the class I came into the office and she had the rap music way too loud. I went to grab some crackers out of my purse and some of my stuff was on the ground. I figured I must have kicked it. I’m so naïve.
At lunch time I went to get the lunch money Matt had given to me that morning. It just so happened that I put it in the same pocket that had mysteriously “spilled” earlier. I felt so stupid. I had trusted that girl to sit in the office and she steals a measly two dollars.
I talked to the vice principal and he told me she was a “hard student.” Code for “she’s been to my office before and she’s a trouble maker.”
I guess the worst part wasn’t that I wouldn’t get my two bucks back, it was when I found out that the girl is in my parents’ ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment